Earth Mega Mall
“Promoting reduce, reuse, and bringing smiles on the child's face” “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving. – Mother Teresa”
“Earth Mega Mall” is one step towards strengthening our relationship with both, society and the environment. A little gesture of help from your end can go a long way in helping our “People and the Planet”. We believe that recycling could be one of the best ways to save precious energy. This unique and effective concept promotes the habit of R3 – Reduce, Reuse & Recycle in innovative ways.
With this event, we try to bring old/unused/extra/useless items from one part of the society to the use of another. On this day your goods will turn from USELESS to USEFULL through a unique mock shopping experience concept. The event will not just make lives of few underprivileged children little more colorful but will also help save our planet by re-circulating your goods which would otherwise end up at some landfill site.
Integrating the concept of Reuse from the 3 ‘R’s (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) of Waste Hierarchy in gifting smiles to the needy children, Voluntary Nature Conservancy (VNC) came up with this idea of Earth Mega Mall event which is now held every year.
- > VNC actively calls out and reaches out to residents of Anand and Vallabh Vidyanagar towns to collect all items like clothes, equipment, toys, books, etc. which are lying as waste in houses but if used again by giving it to somebody, the life of those things can be revived.
- > Once these items are collected, they are checked for the feasibility of re-use and then classified as per their built and usage.
- > These items are then arranged, like in a showroom of a mall and made ready for the exhibition day. They call it Earth Mega Mall.
- > On that day, a lot of students from underprivileged backgrounds and remote schools are welcomed at this Earth Mega Mall to give them an experience of a lifetime.
- > Instead of simply gifting them these items for free, each kid is given currency notes in the form of Smile points. Each child is given 1500 smile points currency. All the items are displayed in the mall with a price tag of Smile points currency. Now, all the kids roam about the mall, selecting what they want to have and learn the importance of shopping as per needs.
- > Children return homes, smiling and content of having an experience never had before and buying a lot of items for themselves through Smile points currency.